Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution suggests keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a web server run by a website hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you'd like to run a weblog, mail aliases, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular vendors, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would share the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given companies offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is good if you want to share an immense quantity of pictures with buddies or partners since the solution is usually free. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to administering your email accounts. Some vendors offer web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you want to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to have as many video files as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.